The Tohatsu 4hp, 5 hp, and 6hp 4-stroke engines give you the peace of mind you need when purchasing an outboard.
All three feature a new front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class and with reduced emissions and exceptional fuel economy, these little 4-strokes are cleaner burning while also keeping your cost at the gas pump down.
The 4hp has the integral 1/3 gallon tank, along with a fitting on the engine to accept a remote tank. The 5hp has a standard separate 3 gallon tank, and the 6hp offers the option to either have a remote tank or an integral tank.
Tohatsu 4hp / 5hp / 6hp 4-Stroke Benefits:
- Lightweight (just 57 lbs)
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class!
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling:
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability:
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge (optional int. tank)
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter